Lou Meyer, business developer for Davey’s mid-Atlantic region, talks about wood borers, woodpeckers and when to be concerned about both.
In this episode we cover:
- Lou’s thoughts on woodpeckers (1:00)
- What you can do to protect your trees from woodpeckers (3:50)
- Sapsucker season and should you wrap your trees? (4:40)
- Pileated woodpeckers and why they peck (5:31)
- The different types of woodpeckers and should you be concerned about them (7:14)
- Lou’s thoughts on woodborers (8:45)
- Emerald Ash Borer (EAB) and what it does (9:25)
- The devastation EAB causes and how it has changed urban forestry (10:30)
- Is there any hope for ash trees? (13:05)
- The Bronze Birch Borer (14:30)
- Why borers are attracted to trees (15:33)
To find your local Davey office, check out our find a local office page to search by zip code.
To learn more about woodpecker damage to your tree, read our blog, Spotted Woodpecker Damage on Your Tree? Here’s what to do.
To learn more about Emerald Ash Borer, read our blog, The 101 on Emerald Ash Borer.
To learn more about wood borers, read our blog, Tree Borers: Signs of Tree Boring Insects.
Connect with Davey Tree on social media:
YouTube: The Davey Tree Expert Company
LinkedIn: The Davey Tree Expert Company
Connect with Doug Oster at www.dougoster.com.
Have topics you'd like us to cover on the podcast? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to hear from you!