Eric Countryman from Davey's East Pittsburgh office shares some trees that can act as a windbreak for your properties and houses, and why they are beneficial.
In this episode we cover:
- Working outside (0:58)
- Why windbreaks are helpful (1:53)
- Choosing a tree based on zone (3:11)
- Holiday winter storm in 2022 (4:34)
- Green giant (6:03)
- Deer resistance (6:46)
- Availability (7:42)
- Where to plant? (10:27)
- Colder climate windbreak trees (12:15)
- Warmer climate windbreak trees (13:29)
- Can you plant trees in January? (15:03)
- Pittsburgh season so far (16:02)
- Building relationships with clients (16:55)
To find your local Davey office, check out our find a local office page to search by zip code.
To learn more about the best trees for blocking wind, read our blog, The Best Trees for Blocking Wind and Windbreak (By Zone).
Connect with Davey Tree on social media:
YouTube: The Davey Tree Expert Company
LinkedIn: The Davey Tree Expert Company
Connect with Doug Oster at www.dougoster.com.
Have topics you'd like us to cover on the podcast? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to hear from you!